Photos

The Outside of Our Church

St. Marys Church
- viewed from Entrance Gate
South Porch

The Inside of Our Church

High Altar, Reredos & East windowCentre aisle and Chancel screen
North chapel
– known as St. Nicholas or Lady chapel
North aisle
- towards North chapel
South chapel
– known as St. Catherine chapel
Organ – a two manual instrument
– built by Norman and Beard in 1905 and fully restored in 2004 by Village Workshop
Baptistry
– located SW corner of church
Font
Altar of Remembrance
- located NW corner of nave
Book of Remembrance & Deans of Bocking
PulpitRood
Lady StatueWalsingham Statue
Bell Ringing Chamber & West window
- before the installation of The West End Organ
Majestas 1950
- designed by Sir Ninian Cooper and located above Bell ringing chamber screen
Magi Window
- located on the south side of the Nave in memory of Mrs. Dance
The Salvator Mundi
The Millennium Window dedicated on Sunday 4th May 2008 depicts the Saviour of the World with St Peter and St John. It has been created using glass dating from about 1848 and originally placed in St John’s Bristol. It was saved by the London Stained Glass Repository and worked into a special design for St Mary’s Bocking by David Sear of the Lincolnshire Stained Glass Studio to mark one thousand years of worship on this site and the completion of our recent programme of restoration and repair.
The West End OrganThe Trompette en chamade
- as seen from the ringing chamber
Golden Window
- located in the St. Nicholas Chapel